Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Welcome to the Prototype EHMS IMC Blog!

This blog was created for the Rutgers-SCILS 598 Social Software Literacy Class taken during the summer of 2007. I created semi-fictional entries that reflect issues in my day-to-day job duties. The interview with my principal was real as well as the WMM photos of the construction at another school in the district.

I discovered blogs and web 2.0 tools are a tremendous way to communicate information quickly and easily to your community-whether they are students, teachers, administrators, or parents.

I plan on keeping up this blog during the school year to share ideas and promote the library within my school community. I would like to use this blog and training other teachers to create their own as my professional development goal this year.

This is the first class I have in the program that I can see immediate applications in my current selection. Thank you to Steve G. for making me remember why I want to become a librarian!

No comments: